Thursday 7 August 2014

At my desk and at my table

1/ Once when I was making my report, an image about a sunny afternoon in Nara - Japan flashed on my mind, me wearing lovely blue dress, dancing around the small streets full of sakura trees, with temples around. Once when I was checking stock for sales, an old memory emerged, the day I and my friends went to Padang Padang beach, it was fabulous, light blue sky, amazing waves, wonderful cliffs, limber boys with tanned dark skin with their boards to the beach, hopping on and off, on and off. Once when I was arranging shipping documents, I remembered walking around Coron town at noon, climbing its mountain, and playing in the meadow there. There are times like that, when I was grinding my ass that the deadly desk, the images stroke me, memories of the times I traveled. That helped me to work harder, saving money for the next trip, and somehow survived through another day sitting at the desk. Sometimes I wonder, what if I'd never taken any trip, then what could I remember to wipe the boredom away. Like my mom, like many other people who never enjoy themselves on the road. Life would be a real burden, if you don't have good memories to think about.

2/ I have interviewed more people lately, and being more effective helping youngsters to find their jobs. And somehow my consulting skill gets better and better through time, and I remind from time to time the reasons why I decided to do this, to support people, guiding them, helping them through the struggle about what job to choose, about their careers and their jobs. And I realized that, opposed to my initial thought, I always like the people, I can always find the good things about them and start liking them, I feel close to them through the questions I ask, through their answers, their innocence, their purity, their inexperience. I feel good. Guess it's a job that I like. Maybe I can think seriously of a career consulting job, a coaching job. Maybe I can combine between a yoga and personal trainer with a life/career coaching job. Maybe. It's good to listen to people, feel them, speak their heart out, guide them through darkness, see their progress. I feel happy, on my own small table interviewing people at 11PM.

3/ It's 6.30 now, it's late. Usually at this time I must be on the street, buying food for dinner, after sweating time running. Actually I didn't think to write today, because I wrote more than usual yesterday, an English post, and a Vietnamese post for my friend's birthday. But now I feel like I have to write, and I don't want to lose the new habit I have created. "Writing everyday reaffirms my identity as a writer" I read that quote yesterday. So I am writing now, on my table, despite the fact that I really didn't know what to write about at the beginning. Words just flow, small thoughts reveal, I just need to note down. What makes me tired, what makes me happy. Follow the positive stuff, keep doing what I enjoy doing. Maybe just small simple steps like that, I can lead myself to the dream life I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment