Tuesday 9 August 2016

The artists

Do you wonder why I often start my blog with the word: "yesterday"? Because I usually write this blog early in the morning. Perhaps it's better if I write at night to reflect the day. But when I come home at night I normally feel tired and just wanna sleep immediately. Next time let me see if there is any difference between writing the blog at night and in the morning.

So yesterday was a wonderful day. I met two new people and it felt like I've known them for a long time already. They are artists, so I guess that's the reason why. I would love to spend more time with them, to get to know them more and perhaps become good friends in life. But I guess there is little chance for me to do that.

Sometimes I think about the people in my life. It's amazing how we meet so many people in our lifetime. Some we meet for once, some for many times. Some stay with us for a long time and play important roles in our lives. Some we've met for a short time yet their impacts are strong. People come and go. And I don't regret things in my life in general. I let them come and go. To me there is no point trying to keep relationships that don't work anymore. As time goes by, people grow in different paths. And if a person don't grow in the same direction as we do, it's difficult to keep them with us. That's why it's so hard for couples to stay together for a life time. Time goes, people change. To me it's natural that there are some people who are very close to us at some points in life, then they part away and we don't see them anymore. It may feel sad but things happen for a reason. What we consider to be bad today may be a good thing when we look back later. We will never know. 

My conversations yesterday with the artists were deep and funny and weird at the same time. Perhaps I don't meet other artists often, so I get so excited meeting like minded people. Right now I really hope that I can see my new friends again (more than once) in the future. But I know I won't see them for long, and I feel sad about that. Yet again I have to remind myself. We often expect so much in life. That's the cause of all the disappointments. Instead of expecting more, I should stay back and thank God for what I've got, for the time that we've shared, for the joy and ideas that we brought to each other together. 

I got good news from the illustrator. The one that I really like to have my book illustrated by, he messaged me yesterday. Another painter (also my favorite) will draw the picture, and he will be in charge of the typo. I was so happy about that. I just hope, and will work with them to make sure that we will have a good book at a good time. I have so much faith in this. I believe that it may take a long time to finish and to publish the book, but it's worth the wait. The process is not easy, and I've struggled a lot. But I'm really satisfied with the product now. And I believe that once it comes out, it will be big. I believe many readers will find the book useful.

A friend of me is staying at my house. She is just 19 years old. So young and pure. And lovely. She is having a hard time of her life. And I hope she will find peace soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment